Saturday, December 5, 2009

Can someone PLEASE give me a list of living composers of classical music who live within San Joaquin

The criteria are that they must have been performed nationally and internationally within the last 2 years and by the Stockton Symphony within the past ten years?



Please help me someone. I need the answer very badly.



Can someone PLEASE give me a list of living composers of classical music who live within San Joaquin County?home theater



The classical period was roughly from the second decade of the 18th century through the second decade of the 19th. I seriously doubt that any of those cats are living the California retirement dream.



Most people think "classical" as everything from the Renaissance (1600) on though about the beginning of the 20th century.



So, I think what you're asking for are people who compose music in a classical style. San Joaquin county is 1400 sq. mi. and has half a million people. If there is an easy way to figure out who composes music in what is mostly Ag land and bedroom communities I wish I knew it.



Have you tried contacting the Stockton Symphony? Instrumentalists from the symphony also give master classes at UOP' conservatory; you could check with the university for contacts too.



General questions about the symphony can be addressed to the Symphony association: admin@stocktonsymphony.org?subject=Re: General Information Inquiry



Stockton's Symphony is the third oldest in the state (after San Fran. and L.A.) so it really isn't something to sneeze at.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd