Thursday, December 10, 2009

Someone please help me and my mom?

OK, here goes. I am a 13 year old musician who plays cello. I just finished the 8th grade in a preforming arts middle school in florida. I thought i would be going to the school next door, because we were a middle class family, and my mom couldn't really afford some fancy school. My mom is a very experienced photojournalist, with 20+ years of experience. She love doing photography, but for some reason gets very depressed when she is forced to work with something else besides photography. Before I graduated, my band director (I play clarinet 2, plus lots of other instruments) gave me this wonderful scholarship to French Woods Festival of the performing arts in New York for that summer. So i fly up, and i join the symphony within the camp. The conductor likes me so much, that he gets me an audition with La Guardia high in NY! My mom desperatly struggle to find a house, but found one in Staten island. I got in, all good right? no. i have to finish in dif. q. find it through my account thx



Someone please help me and my mom?opera score



I read up to part 3...



Your story is very sad, but maybe you shouldn't be focusing so heavily on gettting an iPod.



There are so many other things you have to be thankful for. You have a life, you're healthy, you're a talented musician, you have a mom who cares. Take a little more time to count your blessings.



And you have to understand that right now your mom can't afford to buy you an ipod, she has to worry about the rent and bills.



I'm a music enthusiast also, but I can't buy an ipod right now. Just listen to the radio, watch music videos or download music to your computer for now. Save up your money until you can afford the ipod.



And please, don't let it drive you crazy. Life is not all about material things. Concentrate on being there for your mom and playing your cello.



I know you are not a selfish person, but stop to think about those less fortunate who can't even afford to THINK about purchasing an ipod.



~*



Someone please help me and my mom?musicals opera theater



u know if u get a really good scholarship with good boarding facilities then u should go ahead....we dont wanna lose a great musician....but it would be unfair to burden your mother with the fees so do your best.....
i understand u being worried about your mom, but we as good parents want things for our kids so we sacrafice without worrying about ourselves. i think u have a wonderful mom to move all the way to statten island from florida, so you can continue on your road to greatness. i am happy your mom is keeping your potential, ahead of her needs. too many people worry about their dreams and forget about the childs. but honestly, you can get an ipod anytime in the future. listen to the cd player u have now. till she can afford one. i used to play clarinet, and bass clarinet in the band, if i could have went to school for it i am sure my mom would do the same as yours is doing now. from what i can see ".if you had a dream that would take your family around the world, your mom would sell evrything, and go to be there for you " best of luck in all you do..merry christmas also, to you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd