Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thought I would ask this here as well, good group for feeedback.?

I have done a lot of performing in my DISTANT past - vocals, several symphony orchestras, etc... I occasionally do some karaoke locally (small town in the Midwest), I do about 3 weddings and 4 funerals a year on average. My wife has been telling me I should perform at a local eatery with a guy I know who plays piano there. He does this with other people on occasion. I contacted him and he is up for it. I am pretty sure the locals don't want to hear Mahler, so what are some good songs that everyone will know, maybe sing along with and appreciate. I am quite confident I can do well technically, my stage presence will certainly be lacking initially, but that is something I can work on.



This type of music is not where my experience lies - I have been singing more contemporary music lately, and I REALLY enjoy it. I am not sure what will be good with just piano accompaniment. I will sing pretty much anything



Any thoughts or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated



Thank You



Thought I would ask this here as well, good group for feeedback.?secure browser



Do you have a crooner voice? People of all ages love Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, etc. I also have a friend who draws crowd with oldies from Jimmy Buffett, Jackson Browne, the Beatles, and Gordon Lightfoot. The idea is not necessarily to be center stage, you are simply providing background music and a nice distraction for people who want to relax and catch up with friends, and they'll stop and watch you from time to time.



Thought I would ask this here as well, good group for feeedback.?home theater opera theater



I would look up the top 20 on the bill boards for this week, for a few different categories and learn the songs.



Hip Hop



country



alternative



rock



Those are the most listened to types of music. Learn maybe the top 3 for each category. :D That should help you breach out to all in a setting like that.
Older Billy Joel? Music from the 70's? Jim Croce? Captain %26amp; Tennille?



Frank Sinatra or Dean Martin? Mix it up. you can convert any song into "paino" music. Make it unique, but fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd