Thursday, December 10, 2009

What is your opinion of this poem?

The Gods will forever dine



With indifference



Unforgivingly



On injured men



Where wet dirt is lifted



By crusty whispering trolls



With red elbows



That dig like the loins of dogs



The yellow flesh of those



In deep and hollow chasms



Of wives turning grey



When the clan gathers



To a somber symphony



Of filth and smiles



On soiled tables



Pulled apart and burned



On the tiny girls fathers



The Gods will forever dine



What is your opinion of this poem?imax theater



It doesn't make any sense, sorry.



What is your opinion of this poem?classical music opera theater



I have a hard time relating to this piece of writing in any way. It's all so nebulous. I'm not sure where I'm supposed to be in it. There's some dark imagery but it is so fractured and disconnected that I have a hard time following. Perhaps I'm not a careful reader, but I know what I like when I read it. This is not something I like or understand. Perhaps you could explain it.
While not at all a FAN of your work, This one "works" for me. I offer a modest change in one thought.



"That dig like the loins of dogs" I might change like and say "To" ? Just a thought.



Steven Wolf



just my two "sense"
Powerful.
It is very amusing.



I hope that if I ever start posting my poetry on Y!A again you will take the time to carefully craft fitting parodies. Your derisive demeanor is extremely entertaining for me.
'I do not think anyone should like or dislike it.



No one cares'



It doesn't make sense. if your guna write .. 'poetry'



make sure it sort of makes sense. you know..



like an opinion? yea.



there was no need to be an asss.



i asked people to be nice.



not the fcking opposite.



soo. in my opinion.. your poetry pretty much.. sucked.
too much symbolism. Clean it up a bit.



Hehe, I'm one to talk.



Maybe some more simple images paired with ones that you already have.



the loins of "dogs" lie is pretty interesting. But the yellow flesh and red elbows just seems over the top.
Though I am NOT a fan of your critiques, I'll say that this is fabulous work. Obviously your work outshines your blunt views of other's work.
Other than the Gods dine what were you trying to say here?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd