Saturday, December 5, 2009

When someone dies, is it not their "essence of being" that you miss?

Call it a soul, essence, heart, whatever you wish. I do not believe in god/s but there is an energy that is lost in your life when someone you love dies. It's hard to explain, but it's sort of a feeling, like when you feel someone is near or looking at you. When they die that is gone, the feeling their life energy/essence whatever added to your life is gone. It's strange but you feel it. My cat recently died I had 4 cats even though I wasn't always right there with them all I "felt" their presence all the time wherever I was and whatever I was doing I was always aware of them all. When Crickett died I felt like I lost something more than just her physical presence. Her energy was gone.. like I lost an instrument in my life symphony. it feels like there is a void where she should be. Even if you don't believe in a "soul" you have to admit there is a "feeling" about another that is gone when they die.. What do you think?



When someone dies, is it not their "essence of being" that you miss?chinese theater



We were made in God's image which is love...and to lose love...in any form is sad. I have lost 10 pets in my years, all mostly to old age. Depending upon the circumstances the sadness is for ourselves and our loss, possibly not for those that pass on including our pets..



and since we live in a shell...I believe our pets also just live in a shell...



I believe all "inner spiritual essence" given to all creation is given to us by God at birth and returns to God at death for resurrection on the final Judgement day.



Our pets of course are eternally good as God made them if not corrupted by humans...and will be again too with our essence in time.



Our "heavy earthly body", goes in the ground...ashes to ashes...dust to dust...and so forth.



When someone dies, is it not their "essence of being" that you miss?opera mini opera theater



We're supposed to miss people when they're gone?



What's the point in that? It's not like missing them will bring them back.....
I agree with you. It is interesting that I find just the opposite when something takes it's first breath.
Feelings do not constitute evidence. I'm sorry your cat died but your entire post does not qualify as objective thinking about souls by any means.
yea, we do have a soul...another example is when a baby crying in everyone elses hands except for her mothers, if thats not a special bond...what is it? gimme a scientific explanation to that one, no offence to you.
Missing a person is generated by memories. Without memories, you'll miss nothing.
Most don't get it. But I do, and I know what is next. Isaw it I felt it . Contact me, I will tell you.
1.It's called emotions, you know, chemical reactions in your brain.



2.Dead bodies feel heavier because they are completely relaxed; try to pick someone up who relaxes their whole body, you'll see what I mean.
We all have a spirit covered in flesh. That is why you feel the person/cat is gone, because who they areally are has left. When I had a near death experience, I felt the real me (spirit) start to leave my body. It felt just like me also, personality and all, but just without the body. Life is real and exciting even after death.
The physical body *is* a "shell" for the soul to occupy while on the physical plane. I can relate to your loss.



I believe all relationships are karmic and those "relationships" will continue to incarnate back into your life until karma is balanced. Your cat may be back with you again ... perhaps on two legs!
i believe that over a period of time the essence is what we miss but only when we can no longer remember there physical the substance of there being is what is missed to most.
I know what you mean... I had a cat who died not long ago, too. I went out and dug through three feet of snow and frozen ground to bury him. He was a small cat, only about a year old, but it felt like I was trying to carry a lead weight. I think it might be the grief as well that puts us in a different state of mind and makes us experience things in a slightly different way.
Your feelings are caused by memories, nothing more. The brain is a complex machine and make you feel all sorts of weird things / sensations, etc.
I miss the person, their presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd