Saturday, December 5, 2009

College Orchestra?

I researched a college I want to attend (Penn State- University Park), and it does have an orchestra. Note: I'm not majoring in music.



However, I play the violin, and I would like to continue to play and not give it up (as a hobby). Can I join the University's orchestra without being a music -major? Is there an audition to join (I hope there is; don't want the orchestra to sound like crap)? Any prerequisites in general? I was in my states All-State Conference for its Symphony Orchestra; hope this is enough %26gt;.%26gt;



Will the class count toward my credit?



Thank you in Advance.



College Orchestra?theatre tickets



First , Penn at U Park is very good - I hope you get in.



At the very least, the course work will go toward your elective and/or fine art requirements, so it is definitely okay to keep up the violin-ing.



Yes, there is an audition - however, it is mostly to place you within the orchestra, or keep you out if you are terrible. With your credentials, you might make first or second chair.



I suspect that the Director will be delighted to have you.



Good luck to you

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd